Pages

Monday, October 20, 2014

Message from Rebecca Elliott, PhD candidate, UC Berkeley

Rebecca Elliott



Hello All....

My name is Rebecca Elliott and I am a PhD candidate in sociology at UC Berkeley.

My dissertation examines ongoing efforts to price disaster, with an empirical focus on insurance institutions and the financial management of flood risk from rising sea levels. My fieldwork focuses on how recent changes to flood insurance are affecting New York City.

I'm currently serving as the Flood Insurance Expert for Zone A New York, a non profit organization helping to rebuild, relocate and return people to their homes after Hurricane Sandy. 

I'm interested in talking to residents of Broad Channel and neighboring areas about their experiences dealing with flood insurance following Sandy as well as the recent changes to flood maps and to the National Flood Insurance Program.

I will be in New York through November 6th.  If you are interested in participating in my research I can be reached via:

email:  rfelliott@berkeley.edu

or, 

by calling: 703.927.0283

Best wishes,

Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment